Tuesday 11 December 2012

What a day

It was all going well this morning. Children waved off to school, car scraped of ice and on my to work. And that's when it happened. I was driving along one of the rural roads with hedgerows either side and there must have been a tree branch that I didn't see sticking out. The next thing I knew there was an almighty thump and I thought something was about to fly through my passenger window. Instead it smashed off my side mirror. To be honest, the day just went downhill from there. You know when the day is so bad that all you want to do is go back to bed, wake up and start all over again? Well, that was my day today. All topped off with my car booked in for a new side mirror at the cost of £170. I thought it was going so well this month having bought all the Chanukah and Christmas presents and still having enough to live on. Ho hum, I suppose these things are sent to try us and at least no one was hurt. I hope you had a better day. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a significant improvement. At least we spent time tonight lighting the candles for the fourth night of Chanukah and we even had time to sit together as a family for the evening meal. Sometimes, you just have to be thankful for the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment