Saturday 8 December 2012

First night of Chanukah

It always amazes me how much you can pack into one day. I managed to visit the Italian shop to stock up on pasta (both large and small) and hobbycraft for some more grosgrain ribbon supplies. I also bought some plastic head pins which I'm going to add to my heart pin cushions. Dd and I had vegetable soup with mini pasta for lunch which we always enjoy and then I spent the afternoon finishing off my Chanukah garlands. They're now displayed around the lounge and look like this....


I also have them hanging on the piano and on the curtain rail. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. We lit the candles tonight for the first night of Chanukah.


Doesn't it look pretty. We're supposed to light them in the window so they can be seem by passers by but it is so cold at the moment that I didn't want to keep our curtains open as the house is only just starting to warm up. Maybe tomorrow. I hope you all had a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment