Thursday 3 January 2013

Trips out

I'm afraid there hasn't been a lot of time for crafting over the last couple of days. We've been out walking and visiting family which has been lovely. In the in between times, I have cut out some felt which I am hoping will be mini mushrooms. I have a image in my head which I'm hoping is going to transfer into reality. We have watched lots of films this week including The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins. I love a bit of Julie Andrews that you can sing along too. We also watched Up (it made me cry as usual) and The Princess and the Frog which I highly recommend. As well as the movie watching, we've been walking in Wisley gardens which was lovely. They have enchanted story telling on at the moment. Whilst my children disappeared at this point, dh and I went to see the mad professor and her farticus plant. It was supposed to be for young children but the acting was great and it made me laugh. Here is part of the set which was used to water the plant...


The story telling is being done in conjunction with the Rose Theatre in Kingston and that really showed. We also saw lots of lovely sculptures....



We spent yesterday visiting family and went walking on Hampstead Heath which was lovely. I saw a tree with blossom on which just shows how mild our weather has been so far this winter.


The plan is to spend the day tidying and crafting today but I feel a cold coming on so it might be spent on the sofa. We'll have to wait and see. I hope you have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment