Saturday 26 January 2013

Day Out

I had a lovely day out today in the most unlikely of places - Croydon. Both the children had a judo course at Croydon judo club and as it's a bit of a journey to and from, we decided to make a day of it. Not only was there surprisingly good shopping, there was also very interesting urban geography (can you tell what I teach yet?). I bored my husband silly talking about urban land use models, housing sectors and shopping transects. I didn't realise how close it was to Crystal Palace and the transmission masts.

What I didn't realise was how socially diverse Croydon is. We found some fabulous Asian and Caribbean shops at the far end of the high street and spent a happy half hour browsing the aisles. We even had a pleasant trip to IKEA and it's not often I say that. I managed to get 8 glass jars for 75p each. They are very similar to Kilner jars but so much cheaper.

And to top off the great day, Watford beat Nottingham Forest 3-0 in an away match and they're now 4th in the championship league. As a lifelong Watford supporter, it can't really get better than that.

Tomorrow will be a making and baking day, fresh bread, hummus, cookies, muffins...... I'll see what the day brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment