Friday 31 May 2013

Bread Making

It's heading towards the end of the holiday so I spent the day running errands (doctor and opticians), finishing the bags I'd started at the beginning of the week (three more to go) and pottering around the kitchen. I started by making some basil pesto this morning. I had bought a pot of basil last week from sainsburys. My DH hates this herb as he says it makes the house smell of cat wee! I have to admit that this morning, he had a point so I pulled all the leaves off, put them in the blender, added some grated cheddar that I found lurking at the back of the fridge, a handful of pine nuts and a few glugs of olive oil. I added some salt and pepper to taste and then put the finished pesto into a glass jar and covered it with olive oil. This should keep us going for a while.


I then decided to make Babka (sweet Shabbat bread) as my DD is returning from scout camp tomorrow and she loves this bread, especially as it includes Nutella. I love bread making when I have a whole day available. Here is the finished product (see the previous post for the recipe).


 This smells delicious fresh from the oven. I'm also making a batch of bagels which are a little bit trickier as they need boiling as well as baking. Come back tomorrow to see how to make these. I hope you're having a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment