Saturday 2 March 2013

First sales

I've been giving the things I make as presents and my mum has a whole range of owls for her bags but today I made my first sale to someone outside the family - I was so proud. I've been making various things for quite a while and in the back of my mind I've been building up stock so that I could have a stall somewhere but I haven't quite got round to it yet. To be honest, it's just nice to have a hobby that keeps me off the streets. So today, it was lovely that someone liked my things so much that she bought 5 items and someone else gave me a commission which I am in the process of fulfilling. The hearts were very popular and there was interest in the owl brooch I made a while ago.



Although they liked the owl, the preferred a hanging owl with lavender so this is what I made this afternoon.


I also cut out the heart shapes for the larger heart felties. I've also been working on those this afternoon.


So, it's been a busy day and my workroom (which some in my house like to call the small tv room but  I know it's really my domain) is looking a bit messy. But I've had fun although I'm a bit tired now. Now I just have all the goodies to make tomorrow for a week of work and school. If anyone is interested in buying any of the things I make or if you would like to buy something but have a particular colour in mind then just get in touch. Hope you've all had great days.

No comments:

Post a Comment