Sunday 31 March 2013

Matryoshka Dolls

It's been a very busy week here. Fourteen people to cater for the Seder meal on Monday night then work, work, work. School broke up for the holidays on Thursday and we've been spending time with family since. We watched Watford play in Friday - we drew in extra time and some choice words were said about the referee. Then off to Birmingham for the day yesterday and Easter lunch with the in-laws today. I did manage to sneak in a bit of crafting though which was then shared with all the family.

I drew this picture a while ago and it's been sitting on my bedside table waiting to be made into pattern pieces and then a new felt keyring.



I don't know about you but sometimes everyday life just seems to get in the way and pictures like this can hang around for quite a while before I do anything with it. Before the football, I had Friday morning free so I turned the picture into this..


And then this....


I made seven of them but four have been given as presents. I really like the way that they have turned out. They're filled with stuffing and lavender and I have a red one hanging from my backpack. What do you think? If you would like me to make one for you in the colours of your choice I'll be selling them for £3 each plus post and packaging. Just message me and let me know. For those in the UK have a lovely rest of the bank holiday weekend. Now off to make some more Matryoshka dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment