Sunday 24 February 2013

Baking day

It's been a busy day today. Baking in the morning and celebrating in the afternoon. By 11am, I'd made the week's flapjack, made the dough for bread and rolls and made a birthday cake. I added chopped dried dates to a quarter of the flapjack rather than cooking the flapjack first. This is how it turned out


I've just cooked the bread and I'm happy with the way it looks



This should last us a couple of days. I made a birthday cake for my dd using the recipe from the River  Cottage baking book.

175g marg
175g caster sugar
175g self raising flour
3 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract

Cream the margarine and add the sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add an egg at a time and beat with 1tbsp flour. Once all the eggs are beaten into the mixture, add the vanilla extract then all the remaining flour. Mix in some cold water so that the mixture is at dropping consistency. Spoon into two tins (greased and floured). Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees centigrade for 20-25 minutes.

I waited for the cakes to cool then sandwiched them together with Nutella (chosen by dd) and then iced with glacé icing and covered with grated chocolate.


It's now the end of half term so it's back to work tomorrow. No more time for sitting and crafting so it may be quiet on here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment