Thursday 1 November 2012

Vegan chocolate cake

We went out for a lovely walk with friends at the Devil's Punch Bowl in Hindhead. I haven't been there since the tunnel was opened and it makes such a difference to the walk. There is no longer the background noise of the A3 and you can actually here the birds tweeting. The colours were fabulous - lots of reds, yellows and greens. I took some pictures but all you can see are the outlines of the trees so they won't be making an appearance here. We had a picnic near the cafe - it was great to be able to eat outside and not spend a fortune on a restaurant meal. We all enjoy walking so I must make sure I put some more walks in the diary.

I make the glaze for the cake when I arrived home (after cutting out some more rabbits, this time in red felt). The glaze is lovely and shiny but there is as much on the plate as there is on the cake. This is my first attempt at a vegan cake - I hope it tastes as good as it looks.


Sorry about the messy presentation - you can tell I'm not a baker by profession. Enjoy your evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment