Saturday 24 November 2012

Presents

I don't know where the year has gone. It just seems like yesterday that I was wrapping the presents for Chanukah and Christmas and the time has come round again. I'm afraid that I can't show you any new things I've been working on as I spent the day finishing off the present buying and wrapping everything. Apart from a break in the afternoon with my brother and his children which was a welcome distraction, the rest of the day has been spent cutting wrapping paper and folding and sticking. This year, I bought the wrapping paper from Tiger. I've recently found this store and I love the things they sell, some of them quite quirky. I've bought wooden beads from there which I used to make plaited bracelets in the summer. I bought two rolls of wrapping paper that are the same feel as plain brown wrapping paper but in bright pink and green. I think I paid £2 per roll and the presents look lovely. I've now finished all the present buying and wrapping which is always a great feeling.

Everything is ready for the actual giving which will start on 8 December which is the first night of Chanukah this year. I love this festival as we light the candles every night for eight nights and we even have an excuse for eating doughnuts (the tradition is to eat fried food so doughnuts and latkes, are a tradition). In our family, we give a small present every night. This is a tradition that we have always kept and it has meant that there is no expectation for big, expensive presents. My children know how lucky they are to live as they do and they are always grateful for the presents that they receive. I am very proud of the way they have grown up to be such amazing, compassionate young people.

How are your preparations coming along for the festive season? How do you celebrate in your household? I'd love to hear what you all do and how you cope when all about you is screaming buy me. Have a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment